About Me

My photo
I am a Kid's/Youth Pastor serving at Island Gospel Tabernacle on the beautiful Cape Sable Island. I have an amazing girlfriend, Gabe. I can play pretty much any instrument and if I can't play it I want to learn. I'm a techno-geek.... and ya.. thats it!

2.2.10

God is Txting U !!

?4U...did you even think four or five years ago that text-o-mania would hit the world and change the way we communicate? From brb to bff to bbl to ttylo, there are enough abbreviations being bounced off satellites to fill the universe and then some.. imho anyway! Based on the stat I read that indicated an average of 1 BILLION text messages are sent every week - which means that every six weeks or so there are more text messages floating around than there are people on the planet!

Of course I'm not telling anything you didn't already know. In fact, I bet you're texting right now - aren't you? I know this because I can multi-task-text-with-my-eyes-closed as well. The scariest is when people are driving and texting at the same time. That's when the most common message is this:

O no! I'm abt2 reck!

So all this talking of texting got me thinking. What if you and I could send a message to God? What would you ask or say to Him? Would He answer, or would He just ROFL?

Personally, I don't think he would laugh at us for trying to chat. God is a person, and He is absolutely crazy in love with His creation. Think about a time when you got a text from someone you really like or love...you got back as soon as you could, right? Same with God. In fact, He has already sent us a 'text message' that has 774,746 words and would take you a few days to read out loud.

Of course I'm talking about the Bible, and because it's not exactly a short message, I'd like to take a moment and throw in my two cents on what I think would be common text questions people might send to God, and what He would say in return.

Dear God - do You love me?

Ivenvr quit luv'n u & nvr will. xpct luv, luv, & more luv! (Jeremiah 31:3)

Dear God - will You ever leave me?

Ill nvr leeve u or abandon u (Hebrews 13:5)

Dear God - do You care about my future?

4 IK the plnz I have 4 u,"sez the Lord." Theyre plnz 4 good not 4 dzastr, 2 give u a future & a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Dear God - I feel so guilty all the time - can You help?

If you confess ur sins 2 me, im faithful & just 2 4give ur sins & 2 cleanse u from all wickedness. (1 John 1:9)

Dear God - do You ever think about me?

My thoughts about u r rare and beautiful! u'll nevr comprehend em! U couldn't even bgin 2 count em - anymore than u could count the s& of the sea. (Psalm 139: 16-18)

Dear God - I'm worried and sometimes scared...can You help?

Im leavin u w/ a gift- peace of mind & heart, & the peace I give is a gift 'da wrld can't give. So don't b troubled r afraid. (John 14:27)

See what I mean? The God of the universe loves you more than you could possibly imagine, and the best part is that He is in complete charge of the universe and knows everything about you. He is always ready and willing to listen to your cries, answer your prayers, and cheer at your victories. He has a picture of you on the screen of His phone, and He waits with delight for the incredible moments when you look up to Him in faith with a message.

The next time you text, remember the ultimate communication called the Bible, written by the hand of God Himself. I promise it will be d gr8st msg u evr read!

Head: What you need to know about this truth

God is a Person who longs to communicate with His children that he loves us, will never leave us, has a plan for us, has forgiven us, always thinks about us, and gives us peace in the midst of trouble.

Heart: What you need to feel about this truth

As one of God's children, feel unique, cherished, loved, and taken care of by the God of the universe!

Hands: What you need to do about this truth

Write a response to some or all of the 'text messages' sent from God. Also, let other people know about the good news that God loves them and wants to have a relationship with them through Jesus Christ.





(Some resources from Dare2Share & Soulfuel)

No comments:

Post a Comment